I enjoy these “shortcakes” made in muffin cups with mixed berries. They’re even wonderful plain!
- 6 T coconut flour
- 2 T golden flaxseed meal
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t sea salt
- sweetener equivalent to 3/4 c sugar (I like stevia.)
- 6 T virgin coconut oil, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 T coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan by using liners or greasing the pan liberally.
- Sift together coconut flour, sea salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Combine melted coconut oil, eggs, coconut milk, vanilla, and sweetener of choice in a medium bowl until well-blended. Stir in dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.