This moist, flavorful, low-carb mug cake cooks in less than two minutes, and my son thought it was made with wheat flour and sugar! This is a perfect addition to the menu for an occasional treat.
- 1 oz butter
- 1 oz full fat cream cheese
- 2 T Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour
- 2 t Truvia Spoonable Natural Stevia Sweetener
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 4 frozen strawberry slices
- Place butter and cream cheese in a microwave-safe mug and heat on high for 20 seconds. Stir with a fork to combine.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, Truvia, and vanilla to the butter/cream cheese mixture and stir again ’til well blended.
- Add egg. Stir. Add frozen strawberry slices and stir one last time.
- Microwave mug cake on high for 1:30. Check for doneness. Invert onto a plate and allow to cool. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
This recipe made two servings for me. After we discovered how amazing it was, we tried to make a quadruple batch in a measuring cup. When it seemed done, I turned it out onto a plate, and the whole thing fell apart on me. It was liquidy in the center from the strawberries but it was completely cooked on the outside. Next time, I’ll split a quadruple batch into silicone muffin cups and cook it that way to ensure doneness.