These burgers are a meal in themselves. Top with your favorite veggies or serve with a salad.
- 2lb ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1/2 bell pepper, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 3/4c Parmesan cheese, dry grated
- stevia equivalent to 2T sugar
- 1/2c Splenda-sweetened ketchup (I use Heinz)
- 1/4t dry mustard
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, beat egg.
- Add all other ingredients except ground beef. Combine thoroughly.
- Add ground beef to veggie mixture and mix with your hands. You’ll end up with a slightly wet mix when all ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Form mix into approximately 10 burgers. Grill or fry until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
I like to make a large batch of these burgers and put them on foil-lined baking sheets. I freeze them on the baking sheets, and when they’re frozen solid, I remove them from the trays and place them in plastic bags. I’ve also made an excellent variation with half beef and half Italian sausage.