Yet another pumpkin recipe. Make no mistake. We love pumpkin, and this custard makes a nice dessert or a very satisfying breakfast treat.
- 15-oz can pure pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c heavy whipping cream OR 13.5-oz can coconut milk
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 2 t pumpkin pie spice
- sweetener equivalent to 3/4 c sugar (I use 12 drops of EZ-Sweetz and 6 packets of Truvia OR 1/2 c caramel Da Vinci Gourmet Sugar Free Syrup.)
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Use coconut oil to grease a 9″ deep dish pie plate.
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with a fork, wire whip, or electric mixer until just blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie dish and bake for 15 minutes. Then turn the oven temperature down to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and continue baking the custard for another 45 to 50 minutes. Allow the custard to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.