This soup has been a favorite in the Wittekind household for years. It’s a variation of a recipe called “Phoebe’s Pumpkin and Sausage Soup“, and it wasn’t until I got ready to prepare it for a pitch-in that I realized I’d never shared it on my blog!
- 1 roll Bob Evan’s Italian sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I use a garlic press.)
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 quart chicken stock or bone broth
- 1 15-oz can pure pumpkin
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- Brown sausage, mushrooms, and onion in a large pot. When veggies are soft and translucent, add garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the chicken stock and the canned pumpkin. Bring the soup to a boil, and then turn it down to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, stir, and reduce heat to low. Allow the soup to cook for another 10 minutes. Serve!
Note: I’ve made this soup ahead of time and I’ve kept it hot in a crock pot set to LOW (or even “WARM”, depending on the crock pot.) I’ve also frozen leftovers with good results, but when I make it, there are almost never leftovers that I can freeze.
Like this post? Tip me with bitcoin!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider tipping me using Bitcoin. Each post gets its own unique Bitcoin address so by tipping you're not only making my continued efforts possible, but you're telling me what you liked.