This treat is an excellent alternative for those rare occasions when you want nothing more than a big slice of pizza. Top it anyway you like, but here’s how we do it!
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or cheese blend
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 t dried Italian herbs
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- 1 lb Italian sausage flavored ground turkey
- 2 portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and chopped (We use red or yellow bell peppers.)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 4 oz sliced pepperoni
- 1 c Hunt’s garlic & herb flavored spaghetti sauce
- fresh parsley, oregano, and basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large half sheet baking sheet with foil and parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crust. Then press “crust” into prepared baking sheet.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Cheese should be melted and just starting to turn golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, place ground turkey, mushrooms, peppers, onion, and fresh herbs in a skillet and saute on medium-high heat until meat is brown and veggies are tender.
- After the crust finishes baking, top with sauce, turkey/veggie mixture, cheese, and pepperoni. Put the pizza back into the oven and bake until cheese is melted and golden — about 15 minutes.
Like this post? Tip me with bitcoin!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider tipping me using Bitcoin. Each post gets its own unique Bitcoin address so by tipping you're not only making my continued efforts possible, but you're telling me what you liked.