This treat is an excellent alternative for those rare occasions when you want nothing more than a big slice of pizza. Top it anyway you like, but here’s how we do it!
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or cheese blend
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 t dried Italian herbs
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- 1 lb Italian sausage flavored ground turkey
- 2 portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and chopped (We use red or yellow bell peppers.)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 4 oz sliced pepperoni
- 1 c Hunt’s garlic & herb flavored spaghetti sauce
- fresh parsley, oregano, and basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large half sheet baking sheet with foil and parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crust. Then press “crust” into prepared baking sheet.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Cheese should be melted and just starting to turn golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, place ground turkey, mushrooms, peppers, onion, and fresh herbs in a skillet and saute on medium-high heat until meat is brown and veggies are tender.
- After the crust finishes baking, top with sauce, turkey/veggie mixture, cheese, and pepperoni. Put the pizza back into the oven and bake until cheese is melted and golden — about 15 minutes.