Some folks in the low-carb scene call these “fautatoes”, but we call them “heaven in a bowl”. Even folks who don’t like cauliflower will devour this dish! In fact, I’ve been known to eat leftovers for breakfast!
- 24 oz frozen cauliflower
- 2 T butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 c sour cream
- 2 c sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 c real bacon bits
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/4 t granulated garlic
- 1/4 t black pepper, freshly cracked
- Steam cauliflower until tender, almost mushy.
- Place steamed cauliflower, butter, cream cheese, sour cream, sea salt, granulated garlic, and black pepper in a large bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Stir in bacon bits and cheddar cheese.
- Place cauliflower mixture into an oven-safe casserole dish or 13″x9″ baking pan and bake in a 350-degree oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 25 minutes.