I modified a recipe that a friend gave me, and I came up with these delicious, gluten-free coconut cookies. Makes four dozen cookies.
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 8 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- sweetener equivalent to 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3/4 c coconut flour
- 1/4 c ground golden flaxseed meal
- 1 t ground ginger
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 3 c unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together coconut flour, ground flaxseed meal, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, eggs, vanilla, and sweetener of choice until mixture is light and fluffy. Slowly add coconut flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in unsweetened coconut.
- Form dough into small balls, place on the prepared baking sheets (about an inch apart) and flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand. (These cookies don’t spread out in the oven.)
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool slightly before removing to wire racks. Store cookies in an airtight container once they’ve cooled completely.