If I’m in the mood for something a little different (but not TOO different), I’ll fix this salad. It’s a huge salad, but it makes a wonderful meal. Diced chicken breast would make a good addition, but I usually eat it without meat.
- 2 c organic baby spring mix, packed
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 large Portobello mushroom, chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into large dices
- 1/4 c crumbled mozzarella cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 c Italian salad dressing (I like the dressing from the Olive Garden.)
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Cover, place in the fridge, and allow salad to marinate for at least an hour.
- Add some chopped basil and oregano just before serving.