After being inspired by a recipe I found on Pressure Cooking Today, I improvised some taco chicken with my Power Pressure Cooker XL. I was very pleased with the outcome.
- 1 1/2 lb chicken tenderloin, cut into large chunks
- 1 c water
- 1 c chunky salsa
- 4 T taco seasoning
- Place salsa, water, and taco seasoning into the inner pot of the Power Pressure Cooker XL. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken cubes. Stir to coat.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker, lock it, and select MEAT/CHICKEN. (The default time is 15 minutes, and so that’s what I used.)
- When the pressure cooker beeps, vent the steam, remove the lid after venting, and push the MEAT/CHICKEN button again. Stir the chicken mixture until some of the excess liquid has cooked out. Serve!
The end product was delicious! The only thing that I’ll do differently in the future is make more! My family devoured it before all of us could get served. I enjoyed mine in a taco salad of sorts as did my husband, but two of my kids turned the taco chicken into burritos. You could also use it to make a taco in a bag like the original recipe suggests.