If you like your chili hot, this simple and filling chili recipe will leave your brow sweating, your nose running, and your heart begging for more! Whether you simmer it for an hour on the stove-top or you cook it all day in the slow cooker, you can’t go wrong with this crowd-pleaser.
- 2 lb ground chuck
- 1 lb bulk spicy Italian sausage
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 1 26 oz can Hunt’s garlic and herb spaghetti sauce
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 T cayenne pepper
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t paprika
- 1/8 t cinnamon
- 1/8 t nutmeg
- Seed and dice peppers. Coarsely chop onion. Peel and mince garlic. Add veggies, beef, and sausage to a Dutch oven. Cook until meat is browned and veggies are tender.
- Add tomatoes (don’t drain!), spaghetti sauce, and spices. Stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer for at least an hour. Serve with sour cream, chopped onion, or shredded cheese.
Note: If you’d like to cook this in your slow cooker, brown the meat and cook the veggies in a skillet. Dump the skillet’s contents into your slow cooker along with the tomato products and the spices. Cook on low for 5 to 8 hours.
Like this post? Tip me with bitcoin!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider tipping me using Bitcoin. Each post gets its own unique Bitcoin address so by tipping you're not only making my continued efforts possible, but you're telling me what you liked.