These burgers are a meal in themselves. Top with your favorite veggies or serve with a salad.
- 2lb ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1/2 bell pepper, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 3/4c Parmesan cheese, dry grated
- stevia equivalent to 2T sugar
- 1/2c Splenda-sweetened ketchup (I use Heinz)
- 1/4t dry mustard
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, beat egg.
- Add all other ingredients except ground beef. Combine thoroughly.
- Add ground beef to veggie mixture and mix with your hands. You’ll end up with a slightly wet mix when all ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Form mix into approximately 10 burgers. Grill or fry until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
I like to make a large batch of these burgers and put them on foil-lined baking sheets. I freeze them on the baking sheets, and when they’re frozen solid, I remove them from the trays and place them in plastic bags. I’ve also made an excellent variation with half beef and half Italian sausage.
Like this post? Tip me with bitcoin!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider tipping me using Bitcoin. Each post gets its own unique Bitcoin address so by tipping you're not only making my continued efforts possible, but you're telling me what you liked.